Friday, July 29, 2011

lizzie in albuquerque

oh hi. if y'all were wondering did i go to albuquerque this week and then my mom visited me in los angeles, yes, that is what happened.

for my mom's arrival, i spent HOURS cleaning and organizing my living room and dining room (i speak of these as if they are different rooms, when in fact they are just separate areas of the same room) so she would be impressed with me being such a responsible adult.
however i did leave my bedroom floor covered with piles of clothes. i mean i don't want her to think i'm TOO grown-up, that might just make her feel sad.
also i DID leave a sink full of dishes. i figured i'd let her wash them so she would feel more at home, and also your mother needs to feel like she's taking care of you. it's important to let the dishes pile up in your sink for this reason.

i took a fun ride in a ~*prime time shuttle*~ to the airport monday morning. if y'all want to read the unnecessary deets of course they are here

on my flight, i took the last available window seat next to a large group of asian teenagers with enviable hair. they were stereotypically geniuses. they taught me about electrical circuits and i taught them about photography. then we looked on a U.S. map conveniently provided for us in our seat pockets and quizzed each other on the state capitals. none of us knew wyoming so we had to ask the flight attendant. you might think i'm making this up but i'm not.
then the asians, on their way to a christian youth camp an hour outside of albuquerque, began trying to convert me to christianity. obv they don't know that religion is one of the things you don't speak of when having a first conversation with someone. also included in this category are politics and which kings of leon album you prefer.

my mom and i spent two days in albuquerque and then drove to flagstaff and then drove to LA. this can only mean one thing: highly entertaining mom quotes and anecdotes~~~~

in albuquerque:
my mom: "oh lizzie you should go to school here"
me: "but they don't have an art therapy program"
my mom: "so what? study anthropology"
(i have never expressed an interest in anthropology in my life)

while driving, the following conversation occurred at least 8 times:
my mom: "look at that!" (not pointing or anything)
me: "what?"
my mom: "that!" (genuinely disappointed in me for not seeing what she saw)

also. y'all, i MAY HAVE gained a few extra pounds since i moved here, but my mom asked me if i was pregnant, and that is just uncalled for.

while in los angeleeez we did tons of things that are sooooo L.A.~*~*~
natch i took her to the grove bc she luvvvs shopping and thangz~*
fortunately or perhaps unfortunately, my mom's philosophy on shopping is "who cares~? just buy it!"
also we explored griffith park and went to the zoo and saw a movie and BAKED PEACH COBBLER
mmmm
and yes, she did wash all my dishes.
also supplied me with 4 laundry loads worth of quarters.
gr9est mom evr///

No comments:

Post a Comment