Monday, June 6, 2011

NOW THAT IT'S JUNE

not sure if you guys know this ~*interesting fact*~
for each month, i like to give something up and/or make myself do something that i don't usually do
examples: No Mexican Food May, No Mindlessly Watching Television March, Walk Garp Everyday April, etc. also i give up starbucks drinks/pastries regularly for months at a time. (which is so hard y'all, pumpkin bread 4ever___

i mean basically i've just always loved testing my STELLAR self-control by abstaining from unnecessary habits/actions/cultural predispositions/whatever

since i skipped the month of may this year because i was so occupied with changes/everything and didn't even think of setting excessive rules for myself, i decided to make june xxxtra difficult. and without further ado, here are my goals for this month:

1. draw everything i buy. this is an excellent idea for two reasons~ i get to practice drawing, and i get to have a visual reference for what exactly i spend money on. so far it's mostly groceries. i didn't think of this idea myself. i read about it somewhere sometime.
2. write down my dreams. i came up with this terrific goal after reading love's executioner and other tales of psychotherapy by irvin yalom xoxo. sometimes i can remember my dreams right after i wake up but forget them minutes later. ps: i have recurring dreams about the end of the world.
3. exercise at least three times a week. i'm the laziest person on the planet maybe. i wish i had my rollerblades here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment